Thursday, May 18, 2006

And So It Begins....


Hey there folks! This is me, Mrs. Mandy, and my little guy...DD. I have finally given in to the temptation and have officially begun my blog. I am a little intimidated by the process, although after using Geocities in the past, have some confidence that I will prevail!!

For those who do not know me, My name is Mandy Wenger, and I live in Bedford, Virginia, right at the feet of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. My husband and I live in a newly built home in a small neighborhood (yup! on a gravel road! no trash pick up, no cable or high speed internet GASP! but lots of stars and plenty of space) with our one son, Darrin, and our 5 year old cat named Steve.

I am proud to be a small town gal who managed to grow up, attend college, get married, and live all within about 50 miles of where I was born! I was raised by two loving, Christian parents and came to know my Savior, Jesus Christ, at the early age of 5. Thanks to my God's loving grace, and my parents prayers and guidance, I have had a close walk with the Lord for as long as I can remember. I am a former public school teacher (5th grade and Kindergarten), and am currently the head administrator for a small, non-profit preschool run by my church.

What do I wish to accomplish with this blog? I'm not entirely sure, but as a full time mother, day care administrator, church secretary, quilter, gardener, and all around busy gal, I hope that this blog will allow me to keep all my friends and family abreast with the what is happening in our family.

I would also love to hear from some other working moms out there who, like me, live in the daily ballet of balancing our jobs, family, home, and hobbies.

I plan on posting my quilts as I complete them. Quilting is a favorite hobby of mine, and I love to share ideas, swap fabrics, share great finds, and discuss ideas.

I live by the verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!".

I hope to be able to post more soon, but until then:

May the sun rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
The sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Disclaimer: The woman behind this blog is not perfect. She will make mistakes. She will not post something every day. She WILL mention God in her blog.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wilt said...

Hey you!
So you succumbed...LOL

I can't wait to see what you put up on your blog! You are my best buddy and I miss you bunches! :o)

Dawn said...

I found you through Mrs. Wilt.
All the best as you begin the blogging adventure!