Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Flip Flop Quilt





I made this quilt for my good friend Jamie. She is a tried and true beach bum, so when I saw this pattern in one of my quilting magazines, I HAD to make it for her. It was as much fun to make as it is to look at!

The pattern is by Cedar Creek Quilts, and I only paid $8 for it. The quilt is VERY simple to do, and doesn't use much fabric.

I used steam-a-seam lite and machine applique to secure the flip flops, but you could do an old fashioned hand applique if you wished.

Each pair of flops is a bright and fun fabric, with ribbon for the straps and buttons, beads, and charms for the toe embellishments. I free motion quilted around the flops on the sand. Jamie LOVED this quilt, and I have gotten more comments about this one than many others...everyone wants to know where the pattern came from!

This one is intended to be a wall-hanging. You could make it larger for a bed quilt or throw, but it isn't washing machine friendly due to the ribbons and embellishments, so I wouldn't recommend it!

I hope to give a step-by-step machine applique demo sometime next month, for my friends who don't quite know how.

Hang Ten, Ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked your bible verses. I am a christian too.