Monday, July 03, 2006

Banana Bread Baby!

I just tried this recipe and it was AWESOME! So I wanted to share it for all my baker friends (and those who aren't but may want to try...You know who you are LOL).

They had 3lbs. of banana's at Sam's Club for .50!!! So, it goes without saying that even with my little monkey man, we had about 6 overripe bananas left that were going south quickly.

I visited one of my favorite sites, www.allrecipes.com, and searched for a banana bread recipe. This is the one I found.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Mix the above together in a bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, cream together

  • 1/2 cup butter ( I used reduced-fat version)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (I used 6 TBsp of Splenda Brown Sugar baking blend)

Then, stir in

  • 2 eggs, beaten (I used Egg Beaters)
  • 2 & 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Now, add the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Then pour into greased loaf pan (at least 9x5) and bake.

*Note: I added 3/4 cup of walnuts to my dry ingredients....no comments on nuts liking nuts, please!

The directions call for about 60-70 minutes cooking time. I covered my loaf with aluminum foil after about 50 minutes and it took another 20 minutes for a toothpick to come out clean.

YUMMY!! Give it a try...you just might be surprised.

Oh, and for my Weight Watcher friends, if you slice it into 12 pieces, with modifications, each piece is only 3 points!

No comments: