Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome to Our Patch!


Be proud of me, my friends. For I have accomplished something that I had not suspected that I would...I completed an UFO, and it was for me!
Here is a picture of my latest project. It was a lot of fun to do, and allowed me flex my artistic muscles and play around a little bit.
The pumpkins are made of lots of tiny scraps of fabric, backed with fusible webbing, and placed in pumpkin shapes.
I am enjoying my "off week" from my master's studies, and am wondering what made me start something that takes away all of my quilting time! This project only took me about 4 evenings to finish (I started the minute after I turned in my final projects online), and it now hangs happily beside our front door, at least until December :) LOL!
For anyone interested, this is the cover project from October 2006 issue of Quilter's World. The full-sized pattern is online at www.Quilters-World.com.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I like the Punpkin Patch... I will be down for Thanksgiving and want to see you if it works out. Give hugs to Dany and Darrin. Please tell your parents I said "HI".

God Bless
Jamie

Mrs. Wilt said...

So creative! Looks great- finishing UFOs is always a good thing! :o)