Monday, January 22, 2007

For My Mommy


This is a table runner from mount redoubt designs called Midsummers Dream that I made for my mom for Christmas this year.



The flowers are 3 dimensional.

I love the artistic quality of Mount Redoubt designs. Her quilts are so artful and I truly love working on them! This was a new and fun project for me, and a break from the typical quilting patterns and strip piecing that I typically work on.

I quilted waves in the pond, and meander quilted the lily pads and the borders as one piece to reinforce the flow. My hubby purchased an clear acrylic extension for my new Pfaff so that I could quilt with a little less stress on my neck and shoulders. What a sweet guy, huh!


I found a quilt store in AK online that had all of her patterns with kits, something that is very important to me as I want to use the fabrics that the patterns were designed for. I have another quilt kit waiting patiently in my closet for me to begin. It is of children floating in space, exploring and doing wonderful things. To me, it was the perfect piece for me, one that showed so clearly the brave and adventurous nature of children, showed them joyfully exploring. I cannot wait to begin it because that one will remain with me and will grace the walls of my future quilting studio! When I start it I will post in progress for you to see.

2 comments:

jamie said...

I see you have your new sewing machine home.. Yaa. The runner looks great.. I like the new style.

Mrs. Mandy said...

Thanks Girl. Yeah, I finally got her home and now I don't know how I lived without her.