Sunday, February 11, 2007

Look Ma! I'm Knitting!

What do you get when you add the recent arrival of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crochet", with the completion and submission of my research paper, and a sprinkle of a few extra hours this weekend to relax....





I have learned to knit!

I am working on a Grinchy-Green, oh, sorry, Avacado, scarf for my little guy in a checkerboard pattern.

The small piece sitting in front is my first practice patch. My son claimed it, and calls it Mr. Gooey, and it is now one of his favorite toys! Mr. Gooey has quite the personality, and is a great listener as well. It cracks me up, he totes that little swatch around with him everywhere! Mr. Gooey sleeps with him, eats with him, rides around on his shoulder...what a trip. But I am really not one to talk, at his age I had a blanket that had been loved down to about the same size which I couldn't bear to part with either.

I hope, but I doubt, he will like the scarf as much as he does Mr. Gooey.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wilt said...

You're the best, girlie! Now that you gave me those needles and GORGEOUS yarn, do I have a choice but to become addicted? I think not. ;o)

Mrs. Mandy said...

Watch out.. once you start....
I can't wait to see what you do with it, you are so creative!