Thursday, April 12, 2007

My X Bag

I finally got it done! I am so very excited that I am not really sure what to do....
...load it up and use it of course!
This is my second "X Bag". The first I made for my secret sister at work for the reveal gift. I did that one in paisley and polka dot fabric in shades of milky coffee, pink, and cream.
While at the quilt shop, I bought this fabric combo to make a second one for myself, but because I waited until the night before the party to make my ss's bag, my fabric got put up until I could find the time.
It only took about 4 1/2 hours to do.
The bag is big without being bulky, and has 4 compartments inside thanks to the unique design of the pattern.
I plan on spending tonight watching "Serenity" from Netflix (by the way, if you like sci-fi comedic adventure movies, check this one out it is one of my favorite pics) stuffing my red wallet and transferring my purse-snikity items to my new goodie bag.
This is actually a step in my fly lady organizational lifestyle changes. My purse is a hot spot for me, I haven't seen my glasses in about a month, I think my blackhole of a purse ate them.
By the way, every lady should have a nice handbag...one that SHE likes and can really use. It doesn't have to be expensive - this one cost $8 for the pattern (which I will reuse again), and about $20 for the fabric. So, a challenge to any mom who uses a diaper bag as a handbag, or who hasn't gotten a new bag in over a year, invest in one you like and smile;)

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

This bag looks wonderful! Very stylish, and yet roomy enough for all the essentials. I can't sew a lick, but I sure wish I knew how!

P.S.~ Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. :)

Mrs. Mandy said...

Thanks! I am really enjoying it. I enjoyed your blog, and plan on revisiting :)