Saturday, May 05, 2007

Crayon Quilt Begins

I finally began my second crayon quilt (it is one of my 'to dos' in the sidebar). I did one just like it about 2 years ago for a fundraising aution for the preschool, and had the forethought to go ahead and cut the pieces for a second quilt while I was at it. Yippee! I was able to just start pieceing thanks to a little preplanning.

It only took me about 2 hours to get the basic top done. Above is the layout of all the pieces. I like putting them in rows like a crayon box, by color family and tone...ROYGBIV and all.


One of the things about this pattern that makes it my favorite of all the crayon patterns is the black squigglies that you fuse and sew onto the wrappers. This, to me, is what makes them the most playful...and, for my son, it is where they go from being houses to crayons! :)

I have the top together, now I just need to piece the middle borders and add the two white borders. Hopefully, I'll have it done within the week, and, of course, I'll post!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Mandy,

What a beautiful quilt! You sure are one talented gal! :o)

Don't forget to read your comments on your "Garden Post".

Janet

Mrs. Mandy said...

Janet, thanks for the compliment. This is one of my favorite patterns, appeals to the kid in me.
I finally got to respond to your other sweet comment, blogger had me locked out until I confirmed my email....paperwork, paperwork, paperwork! ;)
Giggles your way! M.