Wednesday, August 15, 2007

keeping hands from being idle

i learned quite awhile ago that it is imperative for me to have something to do while waiting for a doctor's appointment...this allows me to purposefully ignore the clock and thereby not dwell on how much time i sit....

well, my recent check up at my doctors office granted me a solid 1 and a half hours of waiting....that's the bad news, the good news is that it was just enough time to finish
my mini turtle table runner!

i am so very pleased with the final product, and i simply adore the scalloped edging. this was my first time designing my own project with my EQ, and also a first for attempting a scalloped edge. thanks to a few tips from "sewing with nancy" on pbs i armed myself with a scalloped edging tool ordered from connecting threads, got to work, and am so very pleased!

as you can see, it fits perfectly on a refinished antique piece that we call "the thing" (cause we aren't sure what it is exactly) and provides a place for a few of my favorite dd pics, my emerson creek candle holder, and a sunflower from my garden. having finished this and placed it in it's made-for-this-very-spot place has given me a much needed boost, and i smile and think of grandma each time i see it......

why the needed boost? well, my doc's visit ended in a referral to a diagnostic center to have an ultrasound done on my neck and my thyroid. doc is concerned, so i get tested. i really had no issues or concerns - kinda my nature not to really worry for worrying sake- until the technician called the second technician in because she wasn't sure about what she was seeing....hello, what? excuse me, remember me the one lying here practically upside down with goo all over her neck? care to expound on the confusion here folks??? nope, course not....

so now i await a phone call from the pathologist, what i am believing will be a "you're fine, don't know why you were here" phone call. i have my mom, dad, and dh praying and believing with me that everything is functioning as the good Lord intended...on Christ the solid rock i stand!

anywho, i love my new mini table runner, cute, cute, cute!....and see many scalloped edges in my future...

2 comments:

Mrs. Wilt said...

Hang in there, girlie! Prayers are coming from this side of the Burg for you.

The turtle runner turned out super cute, cute, cute! :o)

Mrs. Mandy said...

thanks dude!