Saturday, November 03, 2007

walking on water

this week, this is what i saw it happening....

while gearing up for our annual Hullabaloo (halloween alternative/community outreach) in the past week our pastor was rushed to the hospital for heart issues, a 4 year-old friend of my son's in my children's ministry program was attacked with a ruptured appendix, our church family lost a very talented and amazing God-fearing young man to a car accident, and we found out our mortgage was going up by over $250 in jan!

ok...now here is how God knew it ended....

pastor is fine, on vitamins, and was back to work in not time...Praise God!

the 4 year-old is up and walking, eating, and will be home any day now, and he was such a witness to the nurses and doctors as were his parents to the other patients.....Praise God!

the young man loved the Lord with all his heart, and gave his heart to Christ long ago, his funeral was a testimony to the Lord and a powerful witness...Praise God!

we investigated refinancing and anticipate having a lower house payment and consolidating our debts to save us hundreds per month....Praise the Lord!

it just goes to remind me that in the midst of the storm, we can keep our eyes on Jesus. admittedly, this week i found myself "pulling a peter" and putting my eyes on the storms, when all the while Jesus had his hands out, his eyes on me, and was saying, "just trust Me. I already know the end, and all things will work to the good of those who love Me."

in the last few months i have lost friends, fought illness, and fallen behind. but the Lord has reminded me that it is not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit that i am an overcomer! He has replaced what i have lost and has reminded me of who i am.
what a faithful Father!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Mrs. Mandy:

Well, it seems like its been AGES since I have commented on your blog... I have been reading it and praying for you! You are really a blessing to me!! I'm encouraged by you! THANKS!!

So... Let me try to catch up with some comments! :o)

First, We LOVED DD's Sunflowers! :o) They looked just like Bryon's and Brittany's at my house. Remember, when you had a pic of DD and your hubby riding an elephant. WELL.. there was a circus that came to town and my kids got to ride one too!! They LOVED it!! They also got to ride a camel too!! A real neat experience. :O)

Your Turtle Table Runner is GORGEOUS! So are your fall and Christmas Quilts and Table Quilts! You sure are one CRAFTY and TALENTED Gal!!!!!

I was glad that you got to get away with your cousin and go to a quilt show. Sounds like you both had a great time!!

In regards to your health issues, I have been praying for you!! How are you doing on Weight Watchers? Are you keeping with your 21 points?? I just found out that I have high blood pressure and also might have an underactive thryoid so....... I too, am starting WW. So, pestor me too about how I am doing!! :O)

Thanks for your "Be Still" thoughts! I really needed to hear that! I kinda have your personality and don't sit still and can't say "NO" to helping others and undertaking tasks at church. But, I am trying to take some time to "Be Still".

This fall I also went back to work 25 hours a week. I am teaching preschool again!! This is a job that kinda fell in my lap. I teach 4's on MWF A.M. and p.m. Then on T, TH, I teach 3's in the a.m. The hours are PERFECT because I start after I drop Brittany and Bryon at school and then I'm through teaching just in time for picking them up! Working has been an adjustment, but with twins in private Christian colleges, and my hubby taking classes the extra money really helps!!

Well, once again I have probably taken to much of your "comment" section but I couldn't help myself!!

Remember, WHATEVER, you are going through that "GOD has a plan for your life!!" Read Jeremiah 29:11 and claim it for you!! "For I know the plans I have for you, Mrs. Mandy, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Take care!! I'm praying for you!!

Blessings,
Janet

Janet said...

Hi Mrs. Mandy:

I just finished balancing my checkbook on line, took a few minutes to check e-mail and had to pop over to your site to see what was new with you!! I know that you are a very busy gal!! :o) So I wasn't at all surprised that you haven't updated for awhile. (I'm not complaining!!) I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to wish you and your family a very "HAPPY THANKSGIVING".

I hope you get some time to relax!! (I'm sure that your schedule is somewhat like mine and things will be BUSY before Christmas!!) I'm trying to decide what my pre-k kids will do for their Christmas Program. I'm also helping the Children's Department at church with their program and trying to plan a Christmas Party for them too!! Busy, busy!!

Well, I'll quit for now! Take care and remember you've got a friend praying for you.

Blessings,
Janet

Mrs. Wilt said...

Hey girlie!
I just wanted to pop over for a second and say hi! Love the "be still" post. We're learning a little bit about that around here too lately. Hugs to DD- we will catch up with you guys IRL soon! :o)

Mrs. Mandy said...

janet,
teaching preschool! you go girl! those little ones are such a blessing, and a challenge, i bet you are great at it! thanks for your encouragement and for checking in!