Tuesday, February 19, 2008

we got our wish

earlier last month we finally got our wish and were blessed with a fluffy white surprise: it finally snowed! while i wouldn't exactly call it a winter wonderland, it was enough for dd and dad to suit up, head outside, and attempt to build a snowman. they succeeded and he remained intact for about 45 seconds before greta figured out his nose was a carrot and his eyes were raisins, that his mouth was an apple slice and he was made of frozen water... basically her canine instincts told her that he was entirely edible and away he went, piece by piece.
dd made half-hearted attempts to defend his new creation, brave little soul. alas, he giggled so hard that he forfeited his defenses and allowed her a frozen treat. i stayed in, got the fire going and the towels ready to greet my wet and happy guys. all in all it was a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Mandy,

Cute pictures!! Seems like DD, Daddy, and Greta had a blast in the snow!!

How are you feeling?? I pray your morning sickness is past.

Blessings,
Janet

Mrs. Mandy said...

Thanks! They had a great time.
I am feeling much better and my belly is getting much bigger! :) Of course, without a waist the little one can only go out! LOL!
I think I've gotten my second wind and the nausea only revists on occasion.